domingo, junio 03, 2012

lance armstrong wins 70.3 hawaii

Gana Lance en 3:50:58, segundo Greg Bennett a 3 min tercero lieto a 15 min

Lance Armstrong wins Hawaii 70.3 | Karl Hayes | June 3, 2012 8:43 am Lance Armstrong has won a much anticipated test against Chris Leito. Lance rode 2:01:46 exactly 3mins ahead of Leito. However Leito left everything out on the bike course and struggled in the run finishing with a 1:33 half marathon. Greg Bennett did everything he could to make up the 7min bike defict and posted a 1:18:21 run to finish just under 3min behind Armstrong.

It was a tough day at the office and the run times were slow across the board. Bennett, possibly a little wiser than the rest made sure that he had enough to give him a chance on the run.

It was a day of wise old men pushing the field.

In the women’s race Linsey Corbin won ahead of Julia Grant with Beth Walsh 3rd. Corbin came out of the water just behind Grant but then rode strongly and ran hard to post win. Walsh ran 2min faster the Corbin but her bike time was to far behind to give her a chance of running Corbin down

classification

Name Country Swim Bike Run Finish Div. Rank Overall

Armstrong, Lance USA 0:23:22 2:01:46 1:22:29 3:50:55 1 1

Bennett, Greg USA 0:23:17 2:08:48 1:18:21 3:53:41 2

Lieto, Chris USA 0:23:31 2:04:46 1:33:41 4:05:55 3 3

http://www.trizone.com.au/20120603/lance-armstrong-wins-hawaii-70-3-top-results/

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Lance Armstrong Ironman Results Analysis Lance Armstrong, one of the best riders the cycling world has ever seen, has turned to triathlon with aspirations of achieving similar success. In 2012, Lance is competing against the world's best triathletes in 7 major races:

Ironman 70.3 Panama (3:50:55, 2nd place)

Ironman 70.3 Texas (3:54:32, 7th place)

Ironman 70.3 St. Croix (4:07:08, 3rd place)

Ironman 70.3 Florida (3:45:38 1st place)

Ironman 70.3 Hawaii (3:50:55, 1st Place)

Ironman France

Ironman World Championship, Kona Hawaii

http://www.runtri.com/2012/02/lance-armstrong-results-at-ironman-703.html

.-.....-.-.-.--.

It is a sign of just how good an athlete Lance Armstrong is that he broke the course record in Honu despite the toughest conditions ever experienced at the event.

By Kevin Mackinnon

While he might have made it look relatively easy, the seven-time Tour de France champion was quick to point out just how hard he had to work for the win in Hawai’i:“It was harder than I expected,” he said in an interview after the race. “It was harder than I went in Florida. I can’t compare it to the other races, because they were such suffer-fests with the nutrition malfunctions, but it was hard. The winds on the bike were one thing, but the run was painful with the ups and downs and the different surfaces.”

Armstrong was as surprised as the rest of us with his impressive bike split today, too.

“If you would have told me that (I would go 2:01) before the race, I wouldn’t have believed it. I felt good. I put out more watts than I did in Florida, which was the most yet. I rode strong, but I didn’t expect it to be time-wise and speed-wise to be that quick.”In case you’re wondering just how many watts that might be, don’t bother asking. At yesterday’s pro panel an athlete asked Armstrong what sort of numbers he was seeing during his races, to which the Texan replied, with a laugh: “You expect me to tell everyone?”Whatever those numbers were, they must have been impressive as Armstrong managed to pull away from some of the sport’s premier cyclists – Chris Lieto and Maik Twelsiek from the Ironman world and short-course standout Greg Bennett.

What’s even more impressive is the fact that Armstrong managed his dominating performance at the tail end of a week geared to prepare him for his first Ironman race that’s coming up at the end of the month – Ironman France-Nice.“Last Saturday there was a long hard ride, a long steady run at the beginning of the week … it definitely piled up on me through the week,” he said. “It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this consistent and this strong, so I’m just trying to stay tough and keep training hard, to keep taking care of myself and keeping my run consistency there. So far I’ve stayed injury free, which is a big one for the run. I’m heading the right way, training-wise and racing-wise, but I’m also heading the right way in terms of travel. I’m leaving for France very early to get there and make sure I am prepared. It’s a 12-hour time difference between here and Nice, so I need to use all the weeks I have to prepare and get settled.”

Armstrong says he’s having lots of fun with this new endeavor.

“I’m having fun. The training … I make that check every day. I ask ‘Am I having fun doing this?’ The answer always comes back ‘yes.’ That tells me I’m doing the right thing. It’s good for a lot of things. I hope it’s good for the sport – I think it’s good for the sport. I think it’s good for the other pros. It’s good for my foundation, it’s good for the other business ventures I have. It’s nice to have that stuff on the side, but at the end of the day I still have to go out there and do it myself on a daily basis. I also have to lay it down hard and suffer in a lot of these races, which I had to do today. Then you ask yourself again, am I having fun, do I want to be here? Actually, today, the answer came back “no” - I’d rather be somewhere else. It was that hard.”While today’s race might have been hard, Armstrong continues to enjoy the fact that he’s doing what he’s doing at 41 years of age. He's quick to point out he's not the only over-40 athlete who is excelling right now - Greg Bennett and Chris Lieto (second and third today) are both 40.

“(Growing up) I did envision myself being a pro athlete, but not this late in my life,” he says. “I’m glad that I’m where I am today. I don’t feel 41-years-old. I don’t know what I feel, but I feel better physically than I did five years ago. Maybe I’ve taken better care of my body and had more help with physiotherapy and really looking after my body. I don’t want to say I’m reverse aging, but I feel pretty good.”Pretty good got him a course-record (he broke Chris McCormack’s course record by six minutes) and an impressive win over one of the sport’s premier athletes. Lance Armstrong might be having fun, but those who will have to race him probably won’t find the experience quite as enjoyable.

Originally from: http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/honu70.3/lance-armstrong-wins-again#ixzz1wloApuEr

No hay comentarios: